- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti with Veggie Balls Recipe Video
|Linguine pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Whole grain linguine used)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce|
|Shallots/Onions||3 Medium, chopped (1 medium onion may be used instead of 3 shallots)|
|Red bell pepper/Chipotle peppers||1 Large, chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes||10 Small, chopped|
|Italian seasoning/Pizza and pasta seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder with parsley||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Paprika||1 Tablespoon (Use according to your taste)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (If required) (Optional)|
|Vegetable nuggets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the garnish|
|Shredded cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.1 mg
Sodium 1415.4 mg59%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.2%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 21 g43%
Vitamin A 261.8% Vitamin C 292.3%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To boil the pasta:
1. In a pot boil some water, and cook the linguine pasta/spaghetti with a little salt. (Cook as per instructions on the spaghetti pack)
2. Once cooked, drain the spaghetti and put it back into the pot. Drizzle some olive oil, mix well and set aside.
To prepare the sauce:
3. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Into this, add the roughly chopped shallots, stir for a couple of minutes and let the shallots cook a little.
4. Once the shallots turn golden brown, add the chopped red bell pepper.
5. When the red bell peppers are cooked, add the tomatoes, salt to taste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and paprika. Mix everything well.
6. Add a little bit of water (if the tomatoes are juicy, no water would be required). Cover the pan and let it cook for a while.
7. Add butter, stir until the butter melts. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
8. Once done, turn off the heat and let the sauce mixture cool.
9. Once the sauce has cooled, using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
10. Into the pot with the prepared sauce, add the boiled spaghetti and some vegetable balls (nuggets) and mix well.
11. Serve the vegetable spaghetti warm garnished with shredded cheese and freshly chopped cilantro.