- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti with Vegetarian Meat Balls Recipe
|Onions||3 , diced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||30 Ounce (1 No. 2 1/2 Can)|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Celery stalks||1 , chopped|
|Carrots||3 , grated|
|Eggs||5 , beaten|
|Matzo meal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked green peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti||1 Pound, cooked, drained|
|Grated swiss cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1411 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.1%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g87.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 319.9 mg
Sodium 992.1 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 217 g72.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.3%
Sugars 24.6 g
Protein 50 g100.3%
Vitamin A 237.5% Vitamin C 106.1%
Calcium 33.5% Iron 69.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a skillet and heat oil in it. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook for about 10 minutes.
2) Add tomato paste, tomatoes and oregano.
3) Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
4) Adjust the seasonings, if required.
5) Take a saucepan and heat half the butter in it. Add onions, carrots and celery. Cook for about 15 minutes. Let stand to cool completely.
6) Add 1 cup matzo meal, eggs, peas, pepper and salt. Shape the mixture to small balls.
7) Roll the prepared balls in the remaining matzo meal.
8) Take a heavy skillet and melt remaining butter in it. Add the balls and fry until brown.
9) Place the meat balls over spaghetti and pour the sauce. Serve with grated cheese.