- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
|Tomato sauce||150 Milliliter|
|Basil leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm) (small bunch)|
|Parmesan cheese||50 Gram|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17 mg5.7%
Sodium 5027.2 mg209.5%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 26 g52.2%
Vitamin A 62.7% Vitamin C 31.4%
Calcium 43.5% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make the tomato sauce.
2. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
3. Tear the basil leaves between your fingers, leaving a few small leaves for garnish.
4. Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
5. Add some salt and coil the spaghetti into the pan.
6. Cook to the ‘al dente’ stage.
7. Over a gentle heat, heat the tomato sauce.
8. When it is cooked, drain the spaghetti into a colander (making sure it is drained well) and return to the saucepan.
9. Add the hot tomato sauce and torn basil leaves.
10. Mix the spaghetti together well and season to taste.
11. Divide the spaghetti with tomato sauce between warmed bowls.
12. Sprinkle over the grated Parmesan and garnish each bowl of spaghetti with tomato sauce with a few small basil leaves and serve.