- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti with Sausage and Tomatoes Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spicy sausage||6 Ounce (Medium, Casing Removed)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 Small, chopped|
|Chopped basil/1/2 teaspoon dried||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 37.5 mg
Sodium 498.6 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onions until softened.
2. Add sausage meat and cook, stirring to break up, until the pink color is gone, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in red wine, tomatoes, basil and cayenne pepper and cook stirring often, until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente and drain.
5. Toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan, season to taste with salt and serve.