- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti with Clams Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Chili flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon, divided|
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.6 mg
Sodium 86.6 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 52.9%
Calcium 12% Iron 113.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSea Salt - 1 Cup 1/2 cup for clams and rest for boiling spaghetti
1. In a large pot take water and mix in salt. Add in clams and set aside for 1 hour.
2. Remove the clams in a strainer and rinse with running water.
3. Boil water in a large pot and add in salt and spaghetti. Cook for 7 minutes.
4. Heat a skillet, pour in olive oil add in butter, garlic, chili flakes and wine.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon parsley and stir in the clams. Cover the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the clams from the skillet.
7. Pour in some boiled water from pasta in the skillet, drain the pasta and add to the skillet.
8. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon parsley over the pasta. Toss well and cook for 2 minutes.
9. In a casserole pour in the pasta and top it with cooked clams. Garnish with parsley and serve.