- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti With Clam Sauce Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Clams||13 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Frozen chopped spinach package||10 Ounce, drained (1 Package)|
|Fish stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon (Defatted)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.1 mg
Sodium 492.8 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 35 g69.9%
Vitamin A 147.9% Vitamin C 65.7%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 107.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the spaghetti in salted water until it is tender crisp or cooked al dente.
2. When cooked, drain in a colander an keep warm
3. Simultaneously, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat.
4. Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes just until the onions are soft.
Add in the clams and chopped spinach and stir for about 1 minute.
5. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer the clams for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the clams are almost cooked and flavors have blended.
7. Blend the corn starch, lemon zest and juice.
8. Add to the pan and stir until well blended in the broth.
9. Cook, stirring until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
10. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
11. Divide the spaghetti among 4 pasta plates.
12. Ladle the clam sauce over the pasta and serve immediately.