- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti with Chicken Liver Sauce Recipe
|Canned italian peeled tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||14 Ounce (Catelli, 1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound, cut into small pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Spaghetti||16 Ounce (Catelli, 1 Package)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 706 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.7 mg
Sodium 555.5 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 151.1% Vitamin C 58.9%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 64.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce and water.
2) Bring the mixture to boil.
3) Then, simmer for 15 minutes and keep aside.
4) Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add oil.
5) In hot oil, saute liver, onion and garlic.
6) To this, add wine and cook a few minutes longer.
7) Drain and add to tomato mixture.
8) To this, add salt and oregano.
9) Mix well and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes, stirring as required.
10) Adjust the seasonings to taste.
11) Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
12) Transfer spaghetti to a platter and serve the sauce on top, garnished with grated cheese.