- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Squash With Garden Vegetable Sauce Recipe
|Spaghetti squash||2 Pound (1 Medium Sized Piece, Approximately 1 Kilogram)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast halves||3 (Boneless)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Eggplant||1 Small, peeled|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Stalk celery||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Tomato puree||1 Pound, canned|
|Tomato paste||3 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg
Sodium 1038.6 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 31 g62.5%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 70.7%
Calcium 45.5% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large stockpot and add water. Bring the water to boil.
2. In a squash in pot, place spaghetti and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until soft. Use fork to stab in between.
3. In a large non-aluminium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium flame.
4. Stir in chicken, onion, and eggplant, and cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Keep stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in mushrooms, celery, and green pepper and cook for 4 minutes and until celery is soft.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and puree, tomato paste, garlic, and seasonings.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Keep stirring occasionally.
8. Remove the bay leaf.
9. When squash is tender and remove from pot with tongs.
10. Slice them in half lengthwise. Discard seeds and pull out squash strands.
11. Take a serving platter and mound squash strands.
12. Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese and serve additional cheese along.