- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Squash Rock Recipe Video
|Spaghetti squash||1 (Halved, seeds removed)|
|Ground meat/Tempeh||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||To Taste|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium (Diced)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm) (Minced)|
|Summer squash||1 Small (Diced)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For topping)|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For topping)|
Calories 604 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.5 mg
Sodium 925.8 mg38.6%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 38 g75.7%
Vitamin A 47.2% Vitamin C 200.4%
Calcium 49.9% Iron 39.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Drizzle squash with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Place cut side down on a baking sheet.
4. Bake on a rack set in the middle or upper position of the oven, for 55-65 minutes, or until flesh of squash is tender (jab it with a fork to find out if it is).
5. Heat pan, add ground meat. Drain fat and return meat to pan.
6. Add veggies, herbs, salt and pepper. (Add some olive oil if the pan gets dry.) Cook until reduced and saucy, about 13 minutes.
7. Add red wine vinegar, cook 2 min more.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
1. Remove squash from the oven. Scrape with a fork to get the spaghetti-ness from the side.
2. Fill with meat and veggie mixture.
3. Top with parmesan cheese, basil, and a drizzle of good quality olive oil (like Bari’s).
1. Serve immediately with garlic twists or garlic flats.