- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Puttanesca Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Anchovy fillets||8 , cut into 4 pieces each|
|Anchovy fillets||8 , cut into pieces|
|Canned italian plum tomatoes||5 Ounce, drained and put through a food mill or a coarse sieve|
|Black olives||8 , pitted, sliced (Preferably The Nicoise Type)|
|Black olives||8 , pitted|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped basil/Parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried red chilies/1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes||2|
|Red pepper flakes||2 , dried|
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.3 mg
Sodium 699.2 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 19 g38.8%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet heat the oil.
2. Add the garlic and saute until soft, but not browned.
3. Now add the anchovies and cook for several minutes.
4. Cook till the anchovies have come apart and are almost melted and add the tomatoes.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring.
6. Next, add the olives, capers, basil or parsley, and chillies or pepper flakes, and stir everything in.
7. Simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes more, until it is thickened. Do not cover.
8. If you’re using whole peppers, remove them before serving.
9. Pour the sauce over hot pasta and serve.