- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Lyonnaise Au Gratin Recipe
|Water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce, broken|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|Wheat germ oats/Rolled oats||3 Tablespoon, rolled|
|Chopped parsley/Chives||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 1068 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g88.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.9 mg
Sodium 1034.3 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g45.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 44 g87.1%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 43.4%
Calcium 69.6% Iron 38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, boil the spaghetti in the salted water for 5 minutes, then stir in the vegetable oil and onion and boil further.
2) In a bowl, combine the cornflour, pepper, nutmeg, water and milk together.
3) When the spaghetti is just soft, stir in the cornflour mixture.
4) Boil for further 1 minute until thickened, then season to taste.
5) In a shallow ovenproof dish, turn the spaghetti and sprinkle evenly with the grated cheese and wheatgerm or oats.
6) Place under a hot grill until the cheese is brown and sprinkle with the chopped parsley or chives.
7) Serve immediately with a salad of chicory, tomato and orange, or with the broccoli, sprouts or kale with the French dressing.