- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Carbonara By Chef Ellie Espo Recipe Video
|Spaghetti||1 Pound, cooked, drained|
|Pancetta||1 1⁄5 Pound, diced small|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Sweet butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), slice|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped italian parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1250 Calories from Fat 688
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g119%
Saturated Fat 31.7 g158.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 342.9 mg114.3%
Sodium 2838.6 mg118.3%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 49 g97.9%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 33.7% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saute pan heat olive oil and butter. Add garlic and cook until golden, then discard the garlic.
2) Add the pancetta and cook until the ends are crisp.
3) Add the wine to the pancetta and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
4) In a small bowl whisk your eggs lightly then add them to your warmed pasta bowl.
5) Remove your pasta with tongs and add the pasta to your saute pan with the clinging past water
6) Add salt,cracked black pepper,parsley and cheese and mix thoroughly bringing up the pancetta bits.
7) Then add the contents of your saute pan into the pasta bowl with eggs, mixing thoroughly and continuously.
8) Finish with more cheese, parsley and black pepper. Serve warm and enjoy!