- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Video
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 , chopped finely|
|Sliced mushroom||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced meat||1 Pound|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato in juice||400 Gram|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Dried herbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.1 mg
Sodium 383.8 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 29 g58.8%
Vitamin A 56.2% Vitamin C 58.5%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan of boiling salted water cook spaghetti as per package direction. Drain.
2. In a pan, heat oil and saute onion for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
3. Add meat and let it brown and then add garlic, carrot, mushroom, and red pepper. Give it a good stir.
4. Stir in tomato puree, water, and chopped tomatoes in juice.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and mixed herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Pour balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. On a platter, lay spaghetti and pour sauce on top.
8. Garnish with grated cheese and serve immediately.