- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped (1 Package)|
|Celery||1 , chopped|
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomato sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Nutmeg||To Taste, grated|
|Parmesan cheese||To Taste, grated|
Calories 892 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.1%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.3 mg
Sodium 844 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 215% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 35.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large casserole or skillet, melt the butter over a medium high flame.
2. Add salt pork and vegetables to the butter and sauté until pork browns and vegetables are limp.
3. Add beef and break lumps with spoon. Sauté beef along with the vegetables and pork until it has browned
4. Add remaining ingredients except the spaghetti and cheese and stir well until well blended
5. Cover casserole or skillet with its lid and allow the meat mixture to simmer very for
6. 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked and flavors have been absorbed.
7. With slotted spoon, remove and discard lemon peel and bay leaf
8. Uncover the pan and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes until mixture has reduced to a thick rich sauce.
9. When 15 to 20 minutes of cooking time is left, boil spaghetti in boiling salted water until cooked al-dente or tender-firm.
10. Drain it in a colander and then pile into warmed deep dish plates.
11. Dollop the spaghetti with butter before ladling the Bolognese sauce over it.
12. Grate Parmesan cheese over each serving and serving piping hot.