- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Bolognaise Recipe Video
|Spaghetti||200 Gram, dried|
|Lean minced beef||150 Gram|
|Streaky bacon||50 Gram, unsmoked|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium|
|Beef stock||200 Milliliter|
|Tomato sauce||200 Milliliter (for pasta)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 32.1 mg
Sodium 2664.2 mg111%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 19 g37.9%
Vitamin A 54.5% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make the tomato sauce.
2. Cook the spaghetti to the ‘al dente’ stage.
3. Refresh and marinade in a little olive oil and a pinch of chopped parsley and lightly season.
4. Cover with clingfilm and save until needed.
5. Wash, peel and rewash the carrot and cut into fine dice.
6. Wash and cut the celery into a fine dice.
7. Peel and cut the onion into fine dice.
8. Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
9. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and cut into small dice.
10. Remove any rind from the bacon and cut into small dice.
11. Chop the parsley.
12. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
13. Weigh all the ingredients.
14. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat and add the crushed garlic.
15. Stir-fry for a moment or two and add the diced bacon, onion, celery and carrot.
16. Stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
17. Add the minced beef to the pan and carry on cooking until the beef begins to color.
18. Add the mushrooms and balsamic vinegar and stir in the tomato sauce.
19. Mix well and bring to the boil and add the beef stock.
20. Season to taste (take care with the salt as the stock, tomato sauce and bacon will already have salt in them.
21. Turn down the heat, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring from time to time.
22. If you find your bolognaise sauce is getting dry, add a little more stock if necessary.
23. After about 1 hour, mix the marinated spaghetti into the bolognaise sauce.
24. Mix well and heat for 2 minutes.
25. Divide the spaghetti bolognaise between large warmed bowls and garnish with the grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.
26. Serve your spaghetti bolognaise immediately with extra Parmesan as an accompaniment.