- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti and Shrimp Pasta Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Pound (Use Cold)|
Calories 1051 Calories from Fat 505
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.4%
Saturated Fat 34.9 g174.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 369.5 mg
Sodium 754.7 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2.1%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 53 g106.5%
Vitamin A 61.3% Vitamin C 37.9%
Calcium 47.1% Iron 49.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic; simmer for about a minute.
3. Add in the parsley and pour the mixture over the pasta; toss to coat well.
4. Add Parmesan cheese and toss until melted and smooth.
5. Arrange the Spaghetti and Shrimp Pasta onto a large serving platter making a slight well in center and fill in with the shrimp.
6. Sprinkle shrimp with additional parsley and grated cheese.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the pasta to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.