- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti And Meatballs With Tomato Paste Recipe
|Chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Small, crushed|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||58 Ounce, cut up (2 Cans, 29 Ounce Each)|
|Tomato paste||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||4|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||12 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Meatballs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spaghetti||2 Pound, cooked, drained|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5222 Calories from Fat 796
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.5%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 22.4 mg
Sodium 7472.9 mg311.4%
Total Carbohydrates 968 g322.5%
Dietary Fiber 65.1 g260.4%
Sugars 85.2 g
Protein 234 g467.5%
Vitamin A 362% Vitamin C 427.1%
Calcium 168.6% Iron 468.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2) In a Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic until tender and then stir in the remaining 8 ingredients and pour water.
3) Let it boil, reduce heat, and let it simmer uncovered for 2 hours.
4) Discard the bay leaves.
5) Stir in mushrooms and cheese and simmer for 30 minutes.
6) In the meantime, combine beaten eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and salt.
7) In the mixture, stir in ground beef and Italian sausage.
8) In a baking dish, arrange the mixture shaped into meatballs, and bake for 30-35 mintues.
9) Drain off the fat.
10) In a serving plate, arrange meatballs, atop spaghetti, drizzle the sauce on top and serve with Parmesan cheese.