- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti And Meat Balls In Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can, Do Not Drain)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, peeled and minced|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon (For Browning)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3780 Calories from Fat 1446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g249.1%
Saturated Fat 51.2 g255.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 325.7 mg
Sodium 5508 mg229.5%
Total Carbohydrates 462 g153.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g68.9%
Sugars 37.2 g
Protein 163 g325.8%
Vitamin A 127.2% Vitamin C 137.9%
Calcium 56.5% Iron 190.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients then, simmer covered for 1 hour, stirring frequently and pressing the tomatoes.
2) Combine all the meat ball ingredients except oil and shape into 1 inch balls.
3) In a large heavy skillet, brown the patties for 4-5 minutes in the oil over a medium heat, in batches. Then drain on paper towel.
4) In 2 tablespoons skillet drippings , add a little sauce, stir and scrape the sides, then return to the saucepan.
5) Add the meat balls and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
6) Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the package, drain and spread on a large deep platter.
7) Top over with the meat balls, spoon a little sauce and remove the rest in a bowl to pass.
8) Serve immediately.