- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soy Bean Bake Recipe
|Dried soybeans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Cover Beans)|
|Bulgur||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Tabasco sauce||To Taste|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Feta cheese||1 Pound, crumbled|
|Italian plum tomatoes||1 4⁄5 Pound (1 Can)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef flavoring/Bouillon||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.5%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.9 mg
Sodium 1797.6 mg74.9%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 48.4% Vitamin C 96.4%
Calcium 78.4% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, pour in water to soak the soybeans overnight.
2) Next day, drain water and in an electric blender, place the soybeans.
3) Add 1 cup water and blend the beans to smooth.
4) Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
5) Pour 1 cup boiling water over the bulgur and set aside.
6) In a skillet, add oil to heat up.
7) Add onion and green pepper to sauté until tender.
8) Add the soybeans, then the bulgur after it has absorbed all of the water, salt, pepper, Tabasco, and parsley.
9) Use an oiled 3-quart casserole, to spread half of the mixture in the bottom.
10) Sprinkle half the cheese.
11) Separately, combine tomatoes, cumin and beef flavoring, if used.
12) Spoon half of this mixture over the cheese in the casserole.
13) Repeat the layers for another time.
14) Cover with a lid and place inside oven to bake for 1 hour, removing the cover for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
15) Slice the loaf to serve with butter or prepare sandwich.