- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soya Beans Curry Recipe Video
|Soy bean||2 Cup (32 tbs), frozen|
|Clarified butter/Ghee||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Carom seeds||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, cut into big chunks|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut into big chunks|
|Soy bean/Edamame bean||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh or frozen, also called Lilva in Gujarati)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Salt||3 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Eggplant||1 Large, cut into big chunks|
|Fresh coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
Calories 821 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.8%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.1 mg
Sodium 1574.3 mg65.6%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.5%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 52 g103.6%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 63.1%
Calcium 41.5% Iron 122.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pressure cooker heat oil on medium heat and add mustard seeds, carom seeds and turmeric powder and let the mustard seeds splutter.
2. Then add tomatoes, garlic paste , ginger paste, green chili paste, water as needed, red chili powder, garam masala, salt to taste, shredded coconut, purple eggplant diced, tomato diced, potato diced and wild beans.
3. Cook in the cooker for about 4 whistles
4. Let it cool down, check for steam and lift the lid.
5. Stir the cooked curry and add into a serving dish.
6. Sprinkle coriander leaves and green garlic and serve with rotis, phulkas and other Indian flat breads.