- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soy Milk Noodle Soup ("Kongguksu") Recipe Video
|Dried soy beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed, rinsed and soaked for 12 hours|
|Purified water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Mixed nuts||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (almon, pecan, walnuts)|
|Skinned and roasted sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , julienned|
|Tomato||1⁄2 , sliced|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42 mg14%
Sodium 348.1 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 19 g37.3%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and rinse the soy bean several times under cold running water.
2. Soak the bean in water for 8 to 12 hours.
3. Drain the beans and put the beans in a pot with fresh water, enough to cover and boil for 12 to 15 minutes without lid on high heat.
4. Rinse the soy bean under cold running water and press and peel of the skin.
5. Rinse the beans again for several times so and get rid of the floating skin.
6. In a blender, put 1 cups of cooked soy bean along with purified water, nuts, sesame seeds and salt, and blend it for 2 minutes.
7. Put in the ice cubes, and blend for 1 minute more.
8. In a pot, bring some water to boil, and cook the noodles as per the packet instructions.
9. Check the noodles and rinse it until cold running water.
10. Drain the noodles and make it in 2 rounds.
11. Place the noodles in serving bowl, and pour soy milk on top.
12. Garnish it with cucumber and tomato, add in few more ice cubes and serve chilled.