- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soy Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
|Cooked soybeans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ/Sunflower seeds topping||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 517.1 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.9%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 64.4% Vitamin C 87%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 43.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400°.
2. To prepare the tomatoes remove pulp from center of tomatoes, lightly salt the insides and chop tomato pulp.
3. In a mixer or a blender puree soybeans and mix with tomato pulp, onion, green pepper and celery.
4. Fill center of tomatoes, top with wheat germ or sunflower seeds and dot with butter.
5. Oil a baking pan, put tomatoes in it and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until tomatoes are cooked and filling is thoroughly heated.
6. Serve the tomatoes with grated cheese on the top or as desired.