- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soy Sprout Saute Recipe
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, halved, seeded|
|Canned water chestnuts||6 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Zucchini||1 , scrubbed|
|Carrot||1 Large, pared|
|Soy bean sprouts||8 Ounce|
Calories 58 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2 g0.31%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 166.5 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 43.3% Vitamin C 45.6%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Attach a slicing disc to the work bowl of a food processor and then slice onion in it after cutting it in half to fit in feed tube.
2) Keep it aside after removing from bowl.
3) Slice mushrooms after stacking them in feed tube and then keep aside.
4) Slice green pepper and water chestnuts and keep aside.
5) Remove slicing disc and attach shredding disc or 1/4-inch square julienne disc.
6) Shred carrot and zucchini after cutting them into lengths to fit feed tube horizontally.
7) Further shred green pepper and water chestnuts.
8) Take a measuring cup and mix together water, soy sauce and cornstarch in it and then keep aside.
9) In a 12-inch skillet or wok, over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© onions in it for 1 minute.
10) Stir in mushrooms and sautÃ© them for 1 minute.
11) Mix in sprouts and then cook the mixture, covered over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
12) Add in rest of the vegetables, tossing gently to mix.
13) Again cook, covered for additional 1-2 minutes until vegetables are just heated. Ensure not to overcook.
14) Pour the water, soy sauce, cornstarch mix into vegetables after giving it a quick stir.
15) Serve at once after garnishing with fresh coriander or minced green onions if desired.