- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soy Sesame Wheat Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Soy flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||6 2⁄3 Tablespoon (6 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Water||6 Tablespoon (Additional 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Soy flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Additional 3/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons)|
Calories 1208 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.6%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.16 mg
Sodium 873.2 mg36.4%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.4%
Dietary Fiber 32.6 g130.3%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 90.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To activate the yeast, use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and honey.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE(Plastic Dough Blade when making 2 loaves) setting.
5) In the work bowl, wheat flour, soy flour, sesame seeds, milk powder and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Prepare a ball from the dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
15) Use a greased loaf pan to place the loaf made from the dough ball.
16) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
17) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
18) Place the pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
19) Immediately transfer on metal rack to cool down.
20) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.