- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soy Flavored Chicken Recipe
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Sake||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Canned bamboo shoots||5 Ounce, drained (3/4 Cup)|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained (2/3 Cup)|
Calories 846 Calories from Fat 460
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.7%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.2 mg
Sodium 1313.4 mg54.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 68 g136.3%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 46% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the chicken to even pieces.
2) Take a baking dish and combine salt, pepper, sake, soy sauce and onion.
3) Arrange the chicken pieces in the dish with their skin side down.
4) Cover with wax paper and cook for 28 minutes, tossing over the chicken once.
5) Transfer the chicken on serving platter.
6) Add a mixture of cornstarch, sugar and water to juices.
7) Cover and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once.
8) Sprinkle bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
9) Cook for 2 minutes, stirring once.
10) Serve the chicken with rice.