- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southwestern Turkey Recipe
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Fat free sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions/Yellow onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions/Yellow onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green chiles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Turkey tenderloins||1 Pound, cut into thin strips|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.6 mg
Sodium 989 mg41.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 24 g48.3%
Vitamin A 82.3% Vitamin C 151.3%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small bowl to combine soup and sour cream.
2) Mix the liquids thoroughly and set it aside.
3) Take a large nonstick skillet to spray with vegetable cooking spray.
4) Heat the skillet over medium-high heat.
5) Add the onions, chiles, corn, pepper and garlic, and sauté until the onions are translucent and peppers are soft.
6) Add turkey strips to the skillet.
7) Cook them till they are brown on both sides.
8) Pour the soup mixture into the skillet.
9) Season with salt and bring the liquid to a simmer.
10) Cover the skillet with a lid and reduce the heat to low.
11) Cook for another 5 minutes.
12) Serve with hot rice.