- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southwestern Layered Salad & Edible Flower Recipe Video
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), drained (with green chilies)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Romaine lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
|Ripe firm tomatoes||3 Large, chopped|
|Black bean||15 Ounce, drained and rinsed|
|Corn||15 Ounce, drained|
|Red onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Pinto bean||15 Ounce, drained and rinsed|
|Red bell pepper||2 Large, chopped|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, shredded (for garnish)|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
Calories 592 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.4 mg10.1%
Sodium 379.3 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.2%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 91.7% Vitamin C 110.3%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine sour cream, cream cheese, tomatoes with chiles and cumin in a blender; process until smooth. Chill.
2. Layer vegetables in order given among eight, one-pint Mason jars.
3. Spoon sour cream mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese and green onion.
4. Cover and chill for one hour.
5. Serve the salad in the jars itself.