- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southwestern Black Bean and Corn Salad: On the Side #26 Recipe Video
|Canned black beans||45 Ounce, rinsed and drained (3 cans of 15 oz each)|
|Canned corn||30 Ounce, drained (2 cans of 15 oz each)|
|Minced garlic cloves||2|
|Chopped red onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mince|
|Chopped red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 746.6 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, add the drained and rinsed beans and drained corn and mix well.
2. To the bowl add the garlic, onion, bell pepper and cilantro and give it a good mix.
3. Juice the limes into the bowl and add olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and combine.
4. Cover the bowl with a lid or cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or more.
5. When you're ready to serve, toss the ingredients together again, then taste to see if it needs a bit more salt and serve cold with your favorite dishes and enjoy!