- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southwestern Chicken Salad with a Cool Lime Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe Video
|Corn cobs||2 Medium|
|Southwestern seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast||1 Medium|
|White balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Grainy dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Spring mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, quartered|
|Avocado||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
Calories 603 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.8%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.4 mg
Sodium 924.4 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 84.3% Vitamin C 57.1%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the corn off the chop and boil it in water for 2 minutes. Then, cool it down.
2. Season the chicken on all sides with the southerwestern rub mix.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a hot skillet and sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown. Set aside and dice once cooled.
4. In a bowl, add the white balsamic vinegar, lime juice, grainy mustard, honey and mix while drizzling in 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. In a bowl, add the spring mix along with the cooled corn, cilantro, tomatoes and avocados. Add 2 tablespoons of the dressing and toss well.
6. Plate the salad and place the diced chicken over it.