- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Tofu Taco Salad Recipe Video
|Tvp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Textured Vegetable Protein, Soaked In Water)|
|Frozen tofu||1⁄2 (Thawed)|
|Frozen corn||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Rinsed To Remove Ice)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Small|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilies||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1268 Calories from Fat 346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 776.9 mg32.4%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 38.8 g155.1%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 80 g160.7%
Vitamin A 72% Vitamin C 57.6%
Calcium 73.3% Iron 111.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sauté in olive oil the garlic, onion, spices and tofu on a medium heat for 5 minutes allowing the tofu to brown.
2. Add the TVP, corn and cilantro leaves and continue to sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Add crushed tomato and salt to taste.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow excess moisture to cook off, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and let it cool.
6. Serve while hot.