- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Sweet Potato Chicken Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||4|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Canned sweet potatoes with juice||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 1/4 Cup Syrup Reserved)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 621 Calories from Fat 256
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 128.6 mg
Sodium 747.6 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 43 g85.7%
Vitamin A 203.2% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2. In large frying pan, heat oil to medium temperature and cook chicken turning for about 10 minutes such that lightly browned.
3. On paper towels drain chicken and place in 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, mix together evaporated milk, honey, salt, nutmeg and cloves and pour over chicken.
5. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes.
6. From the oven remove the chicken onto a platter, arrange sweet potatoes and raisins around it and pour the reserved 1/4 cup syrup.
7. Place back in the oven and bake about 40 minutes such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
8. Serve hot with the desired garnish.