- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
|Sweet potatoes||6 Large, peeled (and)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||11 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 911 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.1%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg
Sodium 294.1 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.1%
Sugars 79.5 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 441.6% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a 4-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, add boiling salted water in small amount and sweet potatoes, cover and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or till sweet potatoes turn tender.
3. Take a large bowl and transfer the drained and cooled sweet potatoes to it.
4. Stir in 3 tbsp butter and milk and using an electric mixer, beat under low speed till the mixture turns fluffy.
5. Continue beating, after adding cinnamon, vanilla, salt and egg.
6. Take a 3-quart casserole and apply grease and transfer the beaten mixture to it.
7. Take a medium sized bowl, add pecans, flour, coconut, melted butter and brown sugar and stir thoroughly to prepare the topping.
8. Spread topping on sweet potatoes evenly.
9. Bake for half an hour.
10. Serve hot.