- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Pork Barbecue Burgers with Coleslaw Recipe Video
|Boneless pork loin roast||3 Pound, trimmed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||18 Ounce|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Hamburger buns||20 Small, split|
|Cabbage||1 Large, shredded (1 large head)|
|Carrot||3 Medium, shredded|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (about 1/3 cup)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (about 1/4 cup)|
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 123.2 mg41.1%
Sodium 916.9 mg38.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 28.4 g
Protein 43 g86.6%
Vitamin A 70.5% Vitamin C 65%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow cooker, place roast and add water.
2. Put the lid and cook on high setting for 7 hours.
3. Remove the meat, place on plate and shred by pulling apart with 2 forks, return to slow cooker.
4. Add in sauces, salt and pepper, stir, put the lid and cook on low setting for one hour.
5. In a bowl, put together cabbage and carrots.
6. In another bowl, blend together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar and toss with cabbage mixture.
7. Serve the roast on buns, topped with coleslaw.