- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Southern Oven-Fried Chicken Breast Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||2 Pound|
|Chicken breast||2 Pound, uncooked, cut to make 4 equal sized breast pieces|
|Meat tenderizer||To Taste|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dredging)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 908 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 140 g280.5%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
2. Cover a tray with paper towel.
3. Using a kitchen shear, discard the excess fat from the chicken pieces and cut the chicken breasts into 4 equal parts.
4. Sprinkle meat tenderizer on the both sides of each piece of chicken.
5. In a zip-lock bag, place flour, put one chicken piece at a time and shake well to coat.
6. In a skillet, pour peanut oil, place the coated chicken breast pieces, cook till brown from both sides.
7. Now place the skillet in the pre-heated oven and bake at 400F for 25 minutes. Transfer to the tray covered with paper towel.
8. Serve with your choice of dip.