- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Southern Oven-Fried Chicken Breast Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||2 Pound|
|Chicken breast||2 Pound, uncooked, cut to make 4 equal sized breast pieces|
|Meat tenderizer||To Taste|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dredging)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg
Sodium 331.5 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 108 g216%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
2. Cover a tray with paper towel.
3. Using a kitchen shear, discard the excess fat from the chicken pieces and cut the chicken breasts into 4 equal parts.
4. Sprinkle meat tenderizer on the both sides of each piece of chicken.
5. In a zip-lock bag, place flour, put one chicken piece at a time and shake well to coat.
6. In a skillet, pour peanut oil, place the coated chicken breast pieces, cook till brown from both sides.
7. Now place the skillet in the pre-heated oven and bake at 400F for 25 minutes. Transfer to the tray covered with paper towel.
8. Serve with your choice of dip.