- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
In the Kitchen with Ken - Southern Golumpki Recipe Video
|For the pulled pork|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|For the golumpki|
|Collard green leaves||12 Medium, cut in half|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pulled pork||10 Pound (5 - 10 Lbs)|
|Sweet barbecue sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Vinegar sauce||To Taste|
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 266.7 mg
Sodium 1914.6 mg79.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 72 g143.9%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. 9-inch x 13-inch Baking dish
To prepare the pulled pork:
1. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients, then rub generously on a 5 - 10 pound pork shoulder.
2. Place meat on smoker and slow cook for 12 hours at 250 degrees. (Use a smoker with a side box)
3. In a large pot of boiling water over medium heat, add the salt and crushed red pepper.
4. Cook the halved collard leaves until tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Once the collards are cooked, take the top portion of the leaf and place a handful of the pulled pork onto the leaf.
6. Add a little of your favorite vinegar-based sauce to the pork, fold in the sides and top to create a collard roll
7. Repeat until all of the rolls are complete.
8. Once the rolls are finished, pour some of the sweet barbecue sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish and add the rolls to the dish.
9. Brush the tops of the rolls with the sweet sauce and place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 F. Baste every 10 - 15 minutes.
10. Serve warm right away.