- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: Southern Corn Relish Recipe Video
|Distilled white vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green onions stalks||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.09%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 83.9 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 46.6%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needpot
air tight lid container
1. Thinly slice the green onions and finely chop the sweet red pepper.
2. Remove the corn from the cob and keep it aside.
3. Combine everything in a large bowl.
4. In a pot combine vinegar, water, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper flakes.
5. Bring it to a boil and the lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes pour the liquid over the vegetables and let it cool at room temperature.
7. Once cooled transfer to a clean air tight lid container.
8. Refrigerate and serve when needed.
9. Serve it with your roasted chicken on the side
The corn relish can be stored up to one month in an air tight lid container.