- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Chicken with Pecans Recipe
|Frying chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shelled pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 1579 Calories from Fat 836
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.1%
Saturated Fat 36.1 g180.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.3 mg
Sodium 387 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.7%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.5%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 74 g148.3%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 53.3%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 211.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dredge the chicken in the flour seasoned with the salt and pepper.
2) Fry the chicken in butter until brown and sprinkle with the marjoram.
3) Cook covered over a low heat for 45 minutes.
4) Stir in the cooked potato balls and shelled pecans, then heat thoroughly.
5) Serve immediately in a nice plate.