- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Boiled Peanuts Recipe Video
|Red pepper flakes||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 794 Calories from Fat 566
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 35.9 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 36 g71.4%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSalt - 3 Cups (48 tbsp) for brining peanuts
1. Prepare the brine with salt and enough water and soak the peanuts in brine water. This means that for every pound of peanuts, you add a quarter cup of salt to the water and soak for between 12-24 hours.
2. Drain off the brine water and rinse the peanuts.
3. Add water again to the peanuts.
4. Add red pepper flakes and sugar and mix.
5. Put this on the stove to cook for 2 hours.
6. Remove from stove and drain the water out and pour the peanuts into a large bowl.
7. Scoop into a smaller bowl and enjoy this healthy snack.