- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Beef Soup Recipe
|Sliced dried beef||2 1⁄2 Ounce, cut into small pieces (1 jar)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Canned condensed cream of celery soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||120 Milliliter (1 soup can)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (1/2 soup can)|
|Cooked succotash||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.3 mg
Sodium 1672.3 mg69.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place the beef.
2) Pour enough boiling water to soak the beef, until tender.
3) Drain the beef.
4) In a saucepan, add butter to melt over heat.
5) Add beef and onion to cook until onion is tender.
6) Pour in soups and stir the soup mixture until smooth.
7) Fold in rest of the ingredients.
8) Heat the soup mixture by frequent stirring.
9) Ladle the soup in soup bowls and garnish with parsley, if desired.