- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Baked Candied Yams: How to Make the Best Candied Yams Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes||4 , peeled, sliced to 1/2 inch thick|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|White sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground clove||2 Dash|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Mexican blend vanilla)|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.1 mg
Sodium 36.5 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 43.9 g
Protein 1 g2.2%
Vitamin A 176.3% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a 12 x 9 casserole dish put the yam slices, spread them in a layer. Set side.
3. In a medium size pot, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add sugar and stir until well blended and pour the whipping cream. Mix until creamy.
5. Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, maple, and vanilla extract and mix well till combined.
6. Pour the mixture over yams.
7. Cover with a foil and bake for 40 minutes.
8. Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes or till the yams are soft and done.
9. In a serving plate, serve the candied yams with choice of spicy main dish.