- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southeast Asian Style Sticky Wings Recipe Video
|Chicken wings||2 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced thinly|
|Oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Corn starch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemongrass||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Nuoc mau||1 Tablespoon (Vietnamese coconut-sugar thin sauce)|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For garnishing)|
|For the marinade|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
Calories 762 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 137.3 mg
Sodium 2505.6 mg104.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the marinade, take a large mixing bowl and combine the sugar, fish sauce and 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Combine together till the sugar dissolves.
2. Mix the chicken wings with this marinade and put them all together into a zip lock plastic bag and refrigerate it overnight.
3. When the wings are done marinating, take the chicken wings out one by one and lay them on a clean dry tea towel drying off all the excess moisture. Keep the marinade aside.
4. In a wok heat up oil to about 350 F. Using a small strainer slowly fry the thinly sliced garlic by dipping the strainer with garlic into the hot oil till golden brown and set aside.
5. In a bowl take some corn starch and put the chicken wings into it and dust each of them with a light coating of corn starch.
6. Working in small batches fry the wings until golden brown or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degree. When the wings are done drain them on a rack or on paper towels.
7. In a pan over a medium high heat, pour the marinade that we saved. Add minced lemongrass and nuoc mau. Stir continuously. Finally add a tablespoon of butter and further reduce it till it reaches a consistency of a syrup.
8. In a mixing bowl toss the fried chicken wings with the sauce until evenly coated.
9. Serve warm garnished with the prepared crispy garlic chips and fresh cilantro along with lime wedges.