- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soused Camembert Recipe
|Ripe camembert cheese||2|
|Dry white wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, softened|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Brandy||3 Tablespoon (To Taste)|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs), toasted|
|Parsley||6 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2225 Calories from Fat 1422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g249%
Saturated Fat 100 g499.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 433.7 mg
Sodium 3433.2 mg143%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 63 g125.1%
Vitamin A 260% Vitamin C 200.8%
Calcium 132% Iron 66.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the crust from cheeses using a cheese knife.
2. Quarter the cubes and place in a glass or ceramic bowl.
3. Cover with white wine and let soak overnight.
4. Line the inside of a 5-inch plain round flan ring or baking pan with foil.
5. Drain cheese cubes from wine and pat dry on kitchen paper.
6. Return to a clean bowl along with softened butter and a little of the marinating wine.
7. Cream the mixture thoroughly with the back of a spoon or small wire whisk, until it is smooth and creamy.
8. Season with a small pinch of salt and cayenne if you like.
9. Stir in brandy and mix thoroughly.
10. Spoon the cheese mixture into prepared ring.
11. Place in the refrigerator to harden and chill before serving.
12. On a plate, spread the breadcrumbs.
13. Invert the cheese ring upside down on the bread crumbs
14. Remove the flan ring and foil and coat bottom as well with bread crumbs.
15. Place on cheese platter and coat the sides with chopped parsley.
16. Serve the Soused Camembert with bread or assorted crackers, providing a cheese knife to cut the cheese.