- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauerkraut Recipe Video
|Savoy cabbage||1 Medium, grated|
|Purple cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Carrots||1 Large, grated|
|Sea salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.75 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1931.1 mg80.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.4%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 218% Vitamin C 364.3%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grate the savoy cabbage along with the purple cabbage and carrots, once done transfer it in a bowl and mix it with sea salt.
2. Massage the seas salt until well incorporated along with the cabbage.
3. Store the Sauerkraut in a bottle and seal the top with the cabbage leaves.
4. Place some weight on top and cover the jar with the lid.
5. Store the Sauerkraut for couple of weeks.
6. Serve the Sauerkraut as a side dish to your meal.