- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sour Pickle Sauce Recipe
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Beef stock/Canned beef stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (From The Boiled Beef)|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dill pickle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled chopped|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled beef||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (For Serving)|
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g56.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68 mg
Sodium 769.8 mg32.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2) Let the foam subsides then add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are lightly colored.
3) Add the flour and stir constantly to light browned.
4) Add the stock, sugar, vinegar, and bring it to a boil.
5) Cook over moderate heat until the sauce coats the spoon lightly.
6) Pour through a sieve, return the mixture to the saucepan and reheat.
7) Add the pickles and mix the cream.
8) Simmer until the cream is hot.
9) Taste for seasoning.
10) Serve in a sauceboat with boiled beef.