- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sour Cream Rolls Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry yeast package||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 0.25 Ounce Each)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105° To 115°F)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Melted margarine||1 Fluid Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3848 Calories from Fat 1542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 175 g269.9%
Saturated Fat 103 g515.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 846.4 mg
Sodium 2298.1 mg95.8%
Total Carbohydrates 496 g165.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g65.9%
Sugars 110.1 g
Protein 76 g151.1%
Vitamin A 106.9% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 42.6% Iron 154.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan put butter and bring to a boil.
2) Turn off heat and mix sour cream and sugar to it.
3) Keep aside till mixture turns lukewarm.
4) In a large mixing bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
5) Mix with sour cream mixture and eggs.
6) Mix flour and salt and combine with yeast mixture.
7) Let the dough stand overnight in fridge.
8) Punch down dough and divide into 4 equal parts.
9) On a floured surface roll each into a 10-inch circle and baste with butter.
10) Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up the wedges from the wide end.
11) Place wedges on greased baking sheets.
12) Cover and place in a warm place (85°) until doubled in bulk for about 1 hour.
13) Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes till golden brown.
14) Delicious sour cream roll is a lovely dessert you can serve to your guests.