- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sour Cream Refrigerator Cookies Recipe
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Thick sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4349 Calories from Fat 1924
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g336.6%
Saturated Fat 132.5 g662.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 966.6 mg
Sodium 2955.1 mg123.1%
Total Carbohydrates 548 g182.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 261.2 g
Protein 56 g111.4%
Vitamin A 135.4% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 70.9% Iron 113.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat the butter, margarine or shortening until soft; gradually add the sugar, beating until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat thoroughly.
3. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream and mix well. Cover the dough with waxed paper and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
4. After 30 minutes, shape the chilled dough in rolls about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap each roll in waxed paper. Put the rolls in the refrigerator and let chill for 1 hour or longer.
5. Start oven, set at Moderately Hot, 400° F. Have baking sheets ready.
6. Cut the chilled dough in 1/8-inch slices. Place slices on baking sheets. Bake about 8 minutes.