- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sour Cream Potatoes Recipe Video
|Idaho potatoes||5 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, softened and cut in pieces|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 Cup)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 613 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 771.7 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.6%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 81.4%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 0.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Peel the potatoes and chop them in even size pieces.
3. In a large pot, place the potatoes, cover with water enough to cover them and boil until fork tender.
4. Using a potato ricer, rice the potatoes into a baking dish, or used box grater or use 2 forks and shred them, make sure to maintain the consistency.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on the top.
6. Dot the potatoes with butter, all over the top.
7. Put small dollops of sour cream all over the potatoes.
8. Using a fork, lightly mix the sour cream, butter and potatoes.
9. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top starts to get golden brown in colour.
10. Serve hot as desired.
If you like, you can add herbs, cheeses, bacon, chives or top it with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs to make crust on top.