- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sour Cream Applesauce Bran Muffins Recipe
|Bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (Darigold)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Darigold)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Canned applesauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.7 mg
Sodium 185.6 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper/foil cups.
3. Into a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients and stir well to blend.
4. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes until the brand softens.
5. In the meantime, in a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
6. Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry mixture and stir quickly and lightly just until flour mixture is moistened. The batter may be slightly lumpy.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups filling them 2/3 full.
8. Bake muffins in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the crown of a muffin, comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let muffins cool in the pan, over a wire rack.
10. Serve the muffins warm for breakfast or as a snack.