- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cabbage Rolls Recipe Video
|Cabbage head||1 , soaked and rinsed (use sour cabbage head)|
|Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Bacon||1 Packet, chop|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Melted butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 581 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.4 mg
Sodium 725.8 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 18 g35.9%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 82.6%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and soak cabbage in water to give up excess salt.
3. In a large pot, cook brown rice in water.
4. Take a pan and cook the bacon until crispy. Use the rendered fat to cook the diced onion until translucent.
5. Before the rice is completely cooked take it off the heat and transfer it into a large mixing bowl and let it cool. Once the rice is cool, mix everything together till it is well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Take a cabbage leaf and put some of the filling in the center and wrap it up to plate it.
7. To prepare a tomato sauce, take a bowl add a can of tomato soup and season with a teaspoon each of basil, oregano and dill.
8. Plate the sour cabbage rolls with the tomato sauce drizzled over it and bake at 350 F for 30 to 45 minutes in the oven.
6. Serve warm with tomato sauce.
Instead of the tomato sauce, you can alternatively use a homemade marinara sauce or you can also use strained tomatoes with the same seasonings.