- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soups Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to make about 1 to 2 teaspoons|
|Unsalted butter/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced-sodium chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrots||6 , thinly sliced|
|Parsnips||2 , thinly sliced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste/1/2 cup v8 juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||4 Drop|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Or Use As Needed)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 1269.6 mg52.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.8%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 617.3% Vitamin C 71.2%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan heat oil, cook onion and the garlic moderately over low heat for 5 minutes till onions are softened.
2) Stir in broth, carrots, parsnips, and thyme. Boil the mixture and simmer for 30 minutes till vegetables are cooked.
3) Pour mixture into a blender or food processor in batches, and puree until smooth.
4) Mix remaining ingredients, salt and pepper. Add enough water to get desired consistency and mix the mixture.
5) Serve warm or cold.
6) Garnish with the dill and lemon slices.